Wednesday, November 2, 2011

In the 40th Millenium...There is only War...


Welcome to Legions of Warhammer! I decided to put this site together to keep me motivated with my many painting projects, and to also try and provide another source of tactics, news, and commentary about the 40K hobby as a whole.

For a little background, my first encounter with Warhammer 40K was back in 1992, it was the first time that I saw anything from the game, and at the ripe young age of 14 I was fascinated, but at the time the cost of the basic set, $100+, was way out of reach, and my parents felt that they had to set limits somewhere, so it slipped out of my conciousness for about a year when finally I saved up enough money to get my first second edition set. I was overwhelmed by all the cool miniatures and counters and books, all the cool shiny stuff, it ended up being too much at the time for me gamewise, I loved painting but the second endition rules were just so cumbersome it made it hard to learn, let alone play.

In the intervening 15 years I have picked up third edition, fourth and fifth, and numerous Codexes to go with them, but honestly never really gotten around to playing, mainly because as I got older the people in my bracket that played were fewer and fewer, and trying to explain to the 18yr olds that I couldn't play one weekend because of an issue with my daughter never seemed to register.

So I have kept painting, to a pretty high standard, and now after all these years I have a group of players around me in the same stage of life that I am, its exciting to finally get stuck in playing the game I have loved from afar for so very long.

Anyways, welcome to our journey, its sure to be an interesting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment